Follow Us on...

How do I enter the US when I have a criminal record in Canada?

Canada and the US are now exchanging notes with Homeland Security in order to protect their territory.

Get the help of pros to get you a travel visa

If you have a criminal record, whether it is a major or minor offense, you may have to deal with getting a temporary travel visa. Though you can arrange it all by yourself, it will take a lot of time.

Check for the rules and regulations in the US

You want to be sure about the rules and regulations in the US before you even go there. You want to make sure that you stick with what their country requires in order to not have any trouble whatsoever later.

Go to a fingerprinting service provider

Fingerprint match will let you know if there are some pending cases against you.

If you have a record, try getting travel visa

Record suspension will not work on this case because Homeland Security still has access to your files. A temporary travel visa is important when crossing borders.

Try to risk it

Though this is not really suggested, you can in fact get to enter the US despite having a past criminal record. Of course, this is a risk that you have to take. You can be detained if it is your first time and then you will be sent back. Keep in mind that they have the authority to hold everyone inside the bus and send them back to Canada.
 (max 60)

Solve family problems · 16 tips
Find the right sport · 11 tips
Learn a foreign language · 13 tips
Get along with your partner despite differences · 6 tips
Learn Spanish
user305214 answered How to deal with your husband's extramarital affair?
user305031 answered How to solve family problems?
user305220 answered How to deal with your husband's extramarital affair?
tomek is cheering marissa
user304614 has done Strengthen the body's immune system
user304553 has done Learn a foreign language
user305077 has done Travel to Europe with a cheap budget
user305023 answered How to deal with your husband's extramarital affair?